The 6th annual Ride/Walk/Run held May 4, 2013 at the Katy Trail in Rocheport was a success! Thanks to event participants, volunteers, and sponsors, Trail to a Cure raised $10,000, which brings TTAC’s 6-year, cumulative total to $74,000 raised. Donated results each year thus far have also included all registration fees paid by event participants, thanks to the generosity of event sponsors and participants in the monthly Feast 2 FIGHT AIDS dining out fundraisers.
Checks were mailed to 2012-2013’s beneficiaries, including:
- Rain of Central Missouri, Inc. (to help people who are living with HIV/AIDS in our area with urgent needs that other funders cannot address),
- The HIV/AIDS virologists who are working on a cure at Bond Life Sciences Center at MU (to help provide additional hours of lab support for their research), and
- amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research, a national organization that funds promising research into a cure.
Trail to a Cure is a 100% volunteer organization. We rely on a cadre of volunteers who work year-round to achieve our mission.
The Ride/Walk/Run event features a variety of events for a wide variety of participants to enjoy. The event features bike rides of various distances, walks of various distances, and runs of various distances, including a timed 10K and half-marathon. The events are followed by a post-event celebration in Rocheport that features live music, great food and beverages, a silent raffle, prize drawings for pre-registered participants, and a raffle drawing for a bike valued at approximately $5,000.
Next year’s Ride/Walk/Run event details are being finalized now, but in addition to all of the events that were featured in 2013, the 2014 event on the first Saturday in May will feature a 5K walk/run as well!
Trail to a Cure, Inc. was founded in 2007.
Trail to a Cure is an inclusive, grassroots organization whose mission is to provide and increase:
- Funding for HIV/AIDS research and services;
- Awareness and knowledge of HIV/AIDS and its prevention;
- Volunteerism within our community,
For the benefit of men, women, and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
In MEMORY of those we’ve lost to HIV/AIDS.
In HONOR of those who live with HIV/AIDS.
In HOPE of finding a cure.
You may also keep an eye on our registration and fundraising site for Ride/Walk/Run event registration/fundraising tools and other details to be posted.
Donations to support Trail to a Cure’s work can be made at any time, and are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Have more questions? Email us at info@AIDSTrailToACure.org!
We hope you’ll join us for the 2014 event! Check us out on Facebook for more photos, details on race participants, and more.